7.1.05

the brown bunny

I'm usually pretty quick on these things, but I just wasn't paying attention to the hubbub regarding Chloe Sevigny gobbling up Vincent Gallo's babymaker on film. Typically the way I came to realise the gravity of this situation was via stumbling into a series of images of said scene.

You can not tell me that Gallo did not have a driving desire to get Sevigny on her knees and deliberately went about making it happen. Why Sevigny would step up to such a debasing exercise is quite beyond me - for mine there does seem to be something behind the shutters, at least as an actor. Then again, you can only hold that opinion if you don't listen to the gossip at gawker.com.

I remember my days at university, the whole wanting to shock syndrome that was a core part of your young, everyday life. But they, Gallo and Sevigny, are [nearly] 43 and 30 respectively, come on. Attempting to manufacture shock is so appallingly passe anyway. Iraq is shocking. Tsunamis are shocking. Gallo's dick and Sevigny's technique, is not shocking, it's just plain weak.

But then, these days everyone wants to be filmed sucking dick, eating pussy, taking it up the ass, screwing your workmate etcetera, so I guess we should expect nothing less from egomaniacal directors.

I just have no idea what Polly Jean was thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home