26.1.05

ride the king's highway, baby

Today is an interesting day, for it sees the deletion of my blog.daily folder in Mozilla. A folder that is around 6 years old and has, until today, held links to all the personal blogs that I have read frequently during that period.

In the beginning, as you may suspect, it was jam packed, taking the better part of a couple of hours to get through, digesting the happenings of many globally scattered individuals. But, as you have probably ascertained by now, I have the attention span of a gnat, so it won't surprise you to read that over time it retracted to next to nothing, and for the last 12 months it has contained but one blog, that of Claire R. a.k.a. Loobylu.

I've been reading Claire's blog for years now, and have always enjoyed her take on the world and how she finds her way through it. The illustrations, the photos, the how-tos, the wit and the storytelling have all been A-grade, and it's been fun to watch it all unfold, particularly the birth of her daughter, Amelia. However, the time has come to move on.

I don't have a negative word to say about Claire, I think she's a real treat, and genuine, which is a quality I admire above all. However, the reality is that I just can't relate to what she is writing about any more, that being crafts and generally her newfound fascinations relating to craft, so I'm taking this opportunity to clean house, close a chapter and polish up on my stocks of clichés.

If I was to be completely honest I would say that in addition to a need for moving on I also can no longer be a party to the audience of anonymous readers who drool over Claire's every word, living vicariously through her and her tales, but I'm not feeling that way inclined, so I'll leave that be.

So, cheers and goodbye to you Claire, and goodbye to a pastime that has provided me with lots of information and amusement over the years. For those of you new to the scene, welcome. Please press [CTRL]-[D] or [⌘/Apple]-[D] now and I'll see you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home