9.1.05

salty throat

There may be few things more invigorating than a dip in the salty expanse of a natural body of water. Partner and self have a pact this summer to head down to the water whenever the temperature is remotely near warm. Today was just such a day.

I love to bob up and down with the chop that comes off the bay with the blusterly afternoon southerly. There's something unbeatably meditative about treading water for a couple of hours rising up and down with the waves.

I am not altogether unaware, nor do I take for granted, that I am lucky enough to live so close to a beach. This is the benefit of living in any coastal town or city in this fine country of mine, but for those of you in so many parts of Europe, Asia, the US etcetera, you just can't do this. I'm very sorry.

The bath can suffice sometimes. Just prime your imagination with a glass or three of your favourite elixir and then float, occasionally kicking for effect and splashback. I did this in Arizona a while back and it worked for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home