8.2.05

pig in a can

I am so disinterested in the [very deliberately] pushed theory that our society is more time poor than any other in history and that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it - that it's just the way it is. I despise hearing it, I despise that people buy into it thus perpetuating the myth, and I despise that so many parties profit off that myth, taking our wallets, ruining our diets and reducing our attention spans to microseconds at the same time.

It's all rubbish. Who runs your life? Who makes the decisions that effect what you do, when you do it and how long you do it for? You do, ffs.

That said, I need another couple of hours in every day.

On any given weekday evening, post work day, I have the following list of things I want to achieve:
  • Relax with a glass of wine, or a gentle pale ale, and watch a decent news service and/or media program.
  • Cook a superb meal that will bring the house down and add another feather to my cap of culinary knowledge.
  • Take in an episode of the current Series of the Moment in the household (currently Unscripted).
  • Play a few matches of Pro Evolution Soccer 4 on the box of X.
  • Cut a hundred odd lines of Obj-C in Xcode on the killer app'.
  • Write a journal entry.
  • Write a chapter of the novel.
  • Write an article for the paper.
  • Write an articulate letter of great wrath to [insert Dishonourable Member for X here].
  • Inspect, love and water the plants.
  • Read the bits of the paper that I missed during the day.
  • Read a couple of chapters of the novel sitting at the top of my mile high book pile.
I figure another 3 hours, per evening, would do the trick. So how about it then? Can you pull some strings?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with you about HBO, so i will have to check out Unscripted. nice blog.. you mentioned you had tried other blogs in the past, why did you change to a new one? M

10:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers for the recognition, M. As for past blogs versus for the nth time, I think in the past I have tended to focus on a theme, exhaust it, get bored and move on, whereas here I am just using this as a scratchpad and not being too concerned about what I write. I'm not placing any expectations on myself today, other than to be grammatically decent, and this has proven to be quite successful in keeping me interested and posting. Well, so far so good, anyway.

11:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home