3.2.05

70.4mm and counting

I made somewhat of a deal with myself when I started this journal that I would post at least once a day. The idea being that since this was an exercise in keeping my writing hand free and easy it should not matter what came out as long as something came out. I still, generally, support this idea, however days like today conspire against me.

Melbourne, for those of you who do not live here, has been flooded with a full 24 hours of rain, and as I pen this there is no end in sight to the downfall. This is not particularly abnormal for Melbourne, the original 4 seasons in one day city that we are, but the ridiculously low temperatures that have accompanied this rain are. Today saw the mercury languishing around 13°C for the better part of the day and the BOM informs me that not a great deal has changed since.

Perhaps it goes without saying, then, that this meteorological craziness has gone a way to dulling my ability to write anything remotely interesting this evening, and for the 1.2 of you who will read this, I apologise. Truthfully all I can think about is climbing into the warm bed containing my delicious sweetheart. And while that scene could potentially provide an appealing journal entry for some, such an explicit tale will not be forthcoming.

The weekend doeth approach, though, and with it some fun, so who knows what inspirational verbiage I may be able to conjure up between now and then. Very little I would imagine, given my mood of late, but you never know your luck in a city of rain, hail, heatwaves and dust storms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home